Parking Guidance and Information System
With the development of urbanization, there has been rapid increase in car ownership of urban residents. Meanwhile, the contradiction between car and parking in the crowded city center has been more and more prominent. Public parking lot hasn’t been unable to satisfy more and more parking...
With the development of urbanization, there has been rapid increase in car ownership of urban residents. Meanwhile, the contradiction between car and parking in the crowded city center has been more and more prominent. Public parking lot hasn’t been unable to satisfy more and more parking demands little by little. It’s has already been the problem to be solved nowadays to maximally satisfy parking demands of vehicles by making full use of limited resources of parking lots.
Problems about parking lot nowadays:
1. How many parking spaces are available in the parking lot? The manager has no idea about it, so it only can be figured out manually;
2. The parker cannot park the vehicle in the parking space after driving into the parking lot, so he only could search for the unoccupied parking space in disorder. As a result, the main lane resources in the parking lot are occupied and even traffic jam will be caused there;
3. A lot of full-time managers should be assigned to guide in parking the cars in the parking lot, thus the management cost of parking lot is increased.
4. The manager cannot make statistics of traffic flow at different stages and also cannot immediately optimize parking resource configuration every day, thus the use ratio of parking lot is very low.
To increase information-based and intelligent management level of parking lot and offer a more safer, comfortable, convenient and open environment for the car drivers and realize efficient, energy-saving and environmentally friendly operation of parking lot, our company has developed this parking guidance system to strengthen information-based management, control and manage the vehicle access in the parking lot. The system can automatically guide the vehicles in entering the unoccupied parking, thus the trouble for searching the parking space is eliminated and time is also saved. Meanwhile, the image of parking lot is more perfect. Besides, the system also provides the function of parking reservation and VIP parking.
II. Advantages of Parking Guidance System
1) Improve parking environment and increase customer satisfaction:
By using the parking guidance system, the car driver can be guided in parking rapidly. Thus the time for the car driver to search for the parking is reduced. Meanwhile, the flow rate of parking is increased by more than 30% before installation. The dispute and displeasure of searching for parking is also mitigated and the car driver’s satisfaction with the overall service of parking lot is increased.
2) Reduce enterprise management cost
With the development of the society, the manpower management cost has been also increased. The parking guidance system can be used to effectively reduce the number of managers in the parking lot, reduce the enterprise management cost and increase the delicacy management level of parking lot. Through comparison of occupation ratio of parking, it could be found that the managers in parking lot can be rationally assigned during rush hour and the unoccupied parking could be figured out in real time.
3) Energy conservation and environmental protection:
By using the parking guidance system, the time for searching for the parking can be averagely saved by 15min and the mileage for searching for parking can also be saved by 45%, thus the car exhaust is also reduced. It could be then found that it meets the tendency of low carbon and energy-saving social development.
4) Improve corporate image and competitiveness:
By using the parking guidance system, the convenience is brought to the parker and the enterprise image is also improved, manifesting the strong hardware and software strength of the enterprise.
III. Process of Parking Guidance System